Come to the farm and learn to prepare some of the most powerful, healing foods on the planet in a full-day, hands-on workshop with Amanda Love, The Barefoot Cook. $125 per person, or $195 for two. Includes more knowledge than you can shake a stick at, and a delicious lunch prepared by Amanda. Call (512) 422-8279 to register, or email thebarefootcook at gmail dot com
Did you know our ancestors ate certain foods that nourished and sustained them in good health for centuries? Did you guess these are the same foods the “dietary police” have been telling us to avoid for decades? Yes, butter, cream, eggs, meat, whole milk, and even lard are the rich, nutrient dense foods that gave our great, great grandparents those strong, hardy bodies and sound minds. Most of us have cut these foods out of our diet not realizing these are the very foods we need to sustain and maintain good health.
The Nourishing Foods Nutrition and Cooking Workshop is offered by Amanda Love, Certified Healing Food Specialist, Natural Foods Chef, Nutrition Educator, WAP Conference Chef, and recent recipient of the Weston A. Price Food Activist Award. Dispel the dietary myths of our present culture and learn the truth about REAL nutrition. Regain your birthright of vital, vibrant health by preparing delicious, nourishing foods and making well educated choices when selecting the best ingredients for yourself and your loved ones!
Topics Covered Include:
* Principles of healthy diets discovered by Dr. Weston A. Price
* Learn which foods nourished and sustained our ancestors for centuries and which ones lead to disease
* Learn which foods we have been taught to avoid that are actually good for us
* SOL – Cooking with Seasonal, Organic, Local ingredients
* Obtaining your optimal weight with satisfying and delicious food
* The major importance of gut health and good digestion
* Staple ingredients to have on hand in your kitchen to easily prepare healthy and delicious meals
* Sustainable shopping tips and resources to support our local economy and planet
Book a mini consultation with Amanda after the workshop to determine what food sensitivities you might have. Mini sessions are 5-8 minutes for $15/person